Saturday, January 1, 2022

Reflections on 2021 - first year as a small business owner

This year I started my photography business.  It was a pretty successful first year but also full of a ton of lessons:

  • Constantly learning and growing in editing and posing and lighting
  • Invested in my education, my equipment, and my options for props/ client closet/ studio setups
  • Built my confidence and flexibility to adapt in challenging conditions
  • I learned how to put myself out there and trust in my ability to deliver amazing work. Goodbye imposter syndrome!
  • I didn't let my desire for perfection get in the way of my progress.
  • I reconnected my creativity and my artistic passion.
  • I realized how much years of IT consulting and focusing on client satisfaction and delivering above expectations is applicable in so many ways in my own small business.
  • I was inspired by and celebrated the amazing work from other photographers. And crazily enough found a few people to be in community who did the same for me.
  • More than once this year I felt like a fairy godmother. Sometimes you put on a girl in a fabulous dress and their whole posture and confidence level change. I've helped make many a fabulous twirl and unrestrained smile happen and I will never get tired of it.
  • I had a lot of goals this year and wasn't sure how attainable they were when I launched, and I worked so hard, and I crushed those goals.
  • My goal was 32 sessions and I completed 91 sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment