Thursday, January 25, 2018

What is saving my life right now?

I have started listening to Jen Hatmaker’s podcast and she ends each one asking her guest the same 3 questions each episode.  One of those questions is what is saving your life right now.  So I was inspired to think and write about the things that are saving my life right now.
  • My husband – he helps with our daughter and helps cook and knows all my triggers for seasonal depression this time of year and has been so helpful in talking me through all the complicated/emotional/hormonal things that run through my mind on any given week
  • My church book club for busy moms – I have met some wonderful women through it and it is helped me feel more connected and supported.  It is manageable because we meet once a month but I truly look forward to it each month.  It has also helped me feel more comfortable going to other church events since I have a tribe to go with and talk to while I’m there!  We have also planned a few social events and I truly look forward to them.  
  • My Five-Minute Journal - I miss some writing in it some days but the days I fill it out it starts and ends my day in such a positive way.  It has 5 prompts each day.  In the morning, the 3 prompts are what are you grateful for, what would make today great, and words/statements of affirmation.  At night, you write down awesome things that happened that day and what if anything could have made the day a better day. 
  • Stitcher/Audible – these literally save my life during my hour-long commute.  They make the hour in the morning and hour in the afternoon feel less wasted and more enriching.  It is a treat to hear someone read to you in a British accent or have a national best seller speak to a topic in your life while you drive.  Technology has plenty of down sides but let me tell these two applications are wonderful for me. 
  • Hello Fresh – it has helped made it infinitely easier for us to cook at home more now.  The food is delicious and it has helped Kyle and I sit down to more nice meals together.  It is amazing the difference in conversation when you sit down at the table for a nice meal together.  We still have days where we cook
  • Dream Baby Café Community – it is an online mom group where I feel so comfortable being vulnerable.  I’ve shared my wins with them and I’ve reached out for encouragement when the mom guilt or anxiety starts to tip the scale.  Luann is so knowledgable and shares her experience and the published research to help us navigate parenting topics.  The moms are honest and genuine and real and it is such a refreshing and supportive space.  

No comments:

Post a Comment