Sunday, January 2, 2022

2022 Monthly Mindfulness Challenge

I have done a lot of reflecting this year and while I don't love new year's resolutions, I decided to take on a simple Monthly Mindfulness Challenge in 2022. I have decided on 12 priorities and goals that I want to be more mindful and focus more attention on. I also already feel like my plate is pretty full and I am tired a lot, so I wanted each challenge to represent no more than about 5 minutes per day.  I know I can commit to 5 minutes a day. I fully expect some monthly challenges will be more rewarding and fruitful than others, but I hope to use those observations to decide how I want to use and prioritize my limited free time going forward.  

I have invited some friend to join me in this endeavor and we will meet monthly to talk about how the month went, what worked, what obstacles we faced, the cheer each other on, and to help provide accountability to one another.

My plan for each month:

Monthly Challenge: Mindfulness aligning your daily actions to your priorities and things you care about one small step each day at a time

·         January: Simplify/Declutter - Remove 5-10 Items from our home each day in January

o   Ex. excess, outgrown/outdated, expired/trash

·         February: One Act of Kindness per day

o   Ex. Text, Facebook message, tag them in an inspirational post and share why, letter, send small gift, random act of kindness

·         March: Spend at least 5 minutes in the word and quiet time

o   Ex. daily verse and reflection, Bible app plan, draw the circle exercise, online study, etc.

·         April: Daily Affirmations Practice

o   Prepare by writing up a daily affirmation

o   Print or write it down and place it somewhere visible

o   Everyday no excuses speak it out loud to yourself

o   Store a copy on your phone in case you are away from home

o   Set an alarm on your phone, so you don’t miss a day

·         May: Read at least 5 minutes per day

o   Ex. Book, Blog, Article, Audiobook

·         June: At least 5 active minutes preferably outside

o   Ex. Prepare yard for spring, walk, strength exercises outside

·         July: Appreciate nature

o   Take a photo or touch and appreciate something outside each day

o   Reflect on how it looks, feels, smells, and makes you feel

·         August: Pick a topic of interest and learn one new thing or practice the skill each day

o   Ex. Google a question, check out a book or article about it, ask a friend who knows a lot about the topic, find a blog or podcast about it

o   I am going to finally begin learning guitar – learn or practice each day

·         September: Creativity for at least 5 minutes per day

o   Ex. doodle, chalk drawing, paint, color, write, photography, sew

o   I want to focus on practicing drawing sea creatures and plants so I will do a small drawing from a doodle book each day of the month

·         October: Reflect on memories

o   Find an older picture and share the story with your family each day

·         November: Create a gratitude jar and each write one item you are thankful for each day of the month and read them together as a family on Thanksgiving

·         December: Advent calendar and reading the story of Jesus and discussing verses as a family

No comments:

Post a Comment