Tuesday, January 3, 2017

3 Words of Reflection – Peace, Endurance, Faithfulness

As I’ve faced some anxiety and physical challenges I’ve been praying a lot.  There are three words or themes that keep surfacing in my prayers.  The first is peace.  I’ve been praying for peace and a calm spirit as my body continues to prepare for delivery and parenthood.  I have a tendency to overthink things and a desire to be in control which does me no favors so I’ve been praying for a fence around my heart and thoughts that I can remain peaceful and thankful for everything in the present moment.  And that I can approach each new day with a calm spirit. 

The second is endurance.  This will be the biggest physical challenge I have ever faced but I constantly remind myself that God designed my body for this.  I pray for energy and focus and that I will use this remaining time to prepare my body the best I can and trust that God has prepared me in ways that I don’t even realize.  For example as sleep gets harder and harder I have been praying that these challenges are preparation for the sleepless nights ahead with the baby.


The third is faithfulness.  I pray that I will draw closer to God through each of these experiences.  I have such an intense desire to raise her well and I know that we cannot do that on our own.  I am flawed and human and will make mistakes but am so thankful for grace that will help me overcome the mistakes I’ll inevitably make.  We will need constant guidance, patience, and support.  These are things that we know can only truly be found through faith.  Prayer is so powerful and I need to remember to consistently turn to God in prayer in my moments of thankfulness and weakness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment