Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mother’s Day Photo Shoot (one week before Mother’s Day)

Having a kid rewires your brain in a million ways but one of the most profound is the new depth of love and appreciation you feel for your parents.  It suddenly becomes evident how much they loved you, how much they sacrificed for you, and how deeply invested they are in you.  It gives new meaning to every time they talked you through a hard life lesson, every time they helped you with a sticky situation, and how they weighed every decision when you were too young to communicate.  They did so much right and now I just wish I could remember exactly how they did all of it.  How did they help me foster such a strong love of books?  How did they know which sports to let me try and when to push me to focus most on my favorite one?  How did they help me build such a strong sense of commitment and follow through?  I remember bits and pieces that we’ll use with our daughter but raising kids is so wonderfully and terrifying complex that I’m amazed at how well they navigated so many things. 


All that is why I wanted to do something really special for our moms this Mother’s Day.  A friend of mine from college who is an incredibly talented photographer was in town and I knew a Mother’s Day photo shoot with the perfect idea.  I wanted them to have a beautiful keepsake of these first few months with their granddaughter.  I wanted our daughter to be able to see that from the very start of her life she was loved beyond measure and surrounded by incredible role models.  It takes a tribe to raise a child and man our daughter hit the jackpot when it comes to her grandma and nanas.  Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot, thanks Sachel of Sachel Samone Photography for capturing these precious moments and beautiful women!



No comments:

Post a Comment