Tuesday, May 19, 2015

House Progress – Upstairs

Part 2 of the initial house progress posts.  This is focused on the upstairs.

Guest Bedroom 1 – 60%
My parents saved us big time when they gave us this bedroom set.  Next steps are hanging some art on the walls, finding the right touch up paint color (from the sea of gallons of paint in the basement), choosing a nightstand/pair of nightstands, and choosing a lamp/pair of lamps.  Longer term I’d like to add some curtains to this room. 





Guest Bedroom 2 – 30%
Right now is basically is a bedroom simply because it has our old twin bed and a dresser in it.  Next steps are hanging some art on the walls, putting up the headboard/bunky board, finding the right touch up paint color (from the sea of gallons of paint in the basement), choosing a nightstand/pair of nightstands, and choosing a lamp/pair of lamps.  Longer term steps are replacing the twin mattress with a full size mattress and replacing the headboard.




Music & Craft Room – 0%
This room needs a lot of work.  I need to repaint.  I picked a really nice bluish gray color.  We need a guitar stand for Kyle’s guitars.  We are eyeing one on Amazon that would hold all 5 guitars.  We have a lot of music posters that we want to hang up in the space.  I need to set up and organize my craft supplies in the desk and closet.  Longer term this room is planned to become a nursery so we’ll have to figure out where all the stuff for our hobbies goes when that time comes.  But let’s be honest when that time comes we won’t have any time for those hobbies for a while anyways.




Guest Bathroom – 70%
I need to find the right touch up paint to cover the few places I had to Spackle/repair.  Right now our plans include hanging some art, framing the mirror, and buying some new towels.  Longer term I’d love to update the counter-top to stone of some kind and get rid of the carpet in the front half of the bathroom.  Why do people put carpet in bathrooms?  At least the part with the shower is tile but you walk right from there to the vanity with wet feet onto carpet.  Blah!




Laundry Closet
Look at those beautiful giant appliances.  It’s still hard for me to wrap my mind around how much higher their capacity is compared to the small stacked set we had previously.  I still hate folding clothes but these are a definite upgrade to our laundry process.

Master Bedroom – 80%
We are using the same canopy bed and bedding.  Isn't the bedding dreamy with the wall color, I’m still amazed how well that worked out.  Our most recent addition is those beautiful mercury glass lamps on our side tables which are just our old dressers which are being re-purposed as large night stands.  Next up is finding a pair of art to hang above the dressers.  I’d like a little pop of color but still a mostly calming color palette.  I also dream of putting a chaise chair under the window so I have a cozy place to read and feel fancy.  Every time I think of it that commercial comes to mind with the lady who keeps saying chaise as she poses dramatically on her chair.  I can almost guarantee I will have the same level of attachment to my chaise once I find and obtain it. 






Master Bathroom – 70%
This bathroom is crazy big.  It’s bigger than our old guest bedroom.  It is seriously absurd and awesome.  Right now our plans include hanging some art above the tub, framing the mirrors, and buy some new towels.  Longer term we want to update the counter-tops to granite.




No comments:

Post a Comment