Tuesday, May 19, 2015

House Progress – Outdoors

Part 3 (final part I promise) – are you still with me?

Front Yard – 0%
Kyle's dad gave us an old hedge trimmer so I got to release some pent up stress by taming the large bush by our driveway.  I should of done a before and after that thing had developed a mind of its own.  We’d like to put in some lights for the path, probably solar but there is an outlet for the plug in ones if we decide to go that route.  We’ll also be adding a UGA garden flag to proudly declare our loyalty and alliance to red and black.





Back Yard – 10%
We finished our first big project of building our fire pit.  Now we need some more river pebbles to fill out the rest of the area and some chairs.  I found some plastic Adirondack chairs at Lowe's or Kroger that will be good for the short term although long term we'd like to upgrade to wicker or wood Adirondack chairs. Kyle dreams of a bocce court next to the fire pit area which sounds awesome to me.  We got bad news during the inspection about the deck so our plan for next summer is replacing it and building our dream deck complete with screen porch as well as some open deck space.  I want to add those light strands above it like you see at restaurants and all over Pinterest.  




(I can't wait for this gorgeous hydrangea bush to bloom!)








Garage – 0%
It is in major need of paint and storage solutions.  My dad is going to paint it for us as a housewarming gift.  The plans for storage include some shelving and installing some hanging tracks for storage on the walls.




No comments:

Post a Comment