Wednesday, December 2, 2015

High School Camp

I was so excited that I able to chaperon the youth group trip again this year.  It felt so odd last year not being able to go down to Florida with them.  God always shows up in big ways at camp and strengthens relationships in ways that would take months to achieve on Sunday nights back at home.  We had always gone to BigStuf in the past but decided to make a change and go to High School Camp.  It is run by the same group but is for high schoolers only instead of combined with middle school students.  I had a wonderful group of senior girls in my room and truly enjoyed seeing them wrestle with the topics and the things going on in their lives.  It is so valuable to have that time in the room and in between sessions on the beach to bond and develop meaningful relationships.  I always enjoy seeing their commitment to pursue their faith and I always feel re-energized in my own faith after spending a week away from distractions and being fully focused on my faith and serving the students.    







No comments:

Post a Comment