Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Housewarming

I was a bit nervous before our housewarming party that our friends wouldn’t be willing to make the longer drive out to our new house.  Thankfully my anxiousness was frivolous (as it often is) and we had really nice turnout for our combined housewarming/birthday party for Kyle.  I have always felt that it is not the space itself that makes a home but filling it with memories and the people you love that makes a place feel like your own.  This was certainly the case for me.  Seeing our friends and family in our new home made it really begin to feel like it was ours on a deeper and more meaningful level.  Everyone had such nice things to say about the house which was really nice since it’s my first decorating a more traditional home.  My dad was a wonderful help and manned the grill for the afternoon which is a pretty grueling task in June in Georgia.  We played outdoor games (the perks of a yard) and ended the night with bonfire to break in our new fire pit.  The food was good but the company was exceptional.  This was the first of many events to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment