Thursday, December 31, 2015

Our Arbor

By now those of you who actually read this know I’m a total sap!  When we got married Kyle asked his grandad to build the arbor we got married under.  I described something simple and he built something magnificent.  When he showed me the plans I was floored and honored and couldn’t wait to see it come to life.  The day I first saw it was just a couple months before the wedding and I smiled and shed a few happy tears and knowing one of Kyle’s strongest role models helped build such an important part of the ceremony where we would join our lives together.  All the feels!  The day of the ceremony the yellow wood was fresh and bright and the craftsmanship was extraordinary.  After the wedding we didn’t have a yard so we left our beautiful arbor at Norma and Evans’s house for safe keeping until we moved into our “grown up” house with a yard.  They often sat on it to enjoy their coffee and every time we visited them we sat on it and dreamed about our future.  Just as Kyle and I have aged a bit and settled into married life our arbor also shows some signs of weather and being lived in.  But I still think it’s just a beautiful if not more so than the day Evans first built it.


This year we made a big move to the suburbs.  We found a house we loved with a beautiful yard to make our own.  It took us a few months after getting settled but in October we enlisted the help of some wonderful friends to help us move the arbor to our own yard.  Some of the guys who helped were the same ones who stood by us on our wedding day.  When they finished and I saw our wedding arbor in our very own yard I definitely had a few happy tears.  Every time I look in our back yard and see it I smile and think of all the wonderful new memories we’ll build in this home and I am reminded of our beautiful wedding day where our journey as a family began.  


No comments:

Post a Comment