Monday, April 17, 2017

Our First 12 Weeks Together

I was so fortunate to be able to spend your first 12 weeks at home with you.  It is a time in my life that I will cherish forever.  I cannot explain in words how immediate and deep my love was for you when you were born and how much joy it brought me to watch you grow and change so much in your first few months.  It was with a heavy heart that I headed back to work this past week.  The night before my first day back I held you in my arms before I laid you down in your crib for bed and cried.  I know in my heart that working and providing for you is just one of the many ways I'll show you my unconditional love for you.  I hope that as you grow up that I can model for you that you can be a loving mom and wife and still have a career if those are the things you desire for your life.  And I hope even on days in the future where we may bicker or disagree that you know that nothing in the whole wide world brings me more joy than getting home to see your bright eyes and hear your sweet voice (just babbles and coos for now).  And that even when you've grown up and moved out on your own that there will be nothing that brightens my day more than spending time with you and hearing your voice.  I've always loved our home but you are a powerful magnet pulling my heart towards home and our time together.  It brings me great peace to know you are getting so much time with your grandma and nana for now and your daddy this summer.  You are a very lucky little girl to be growing up surrounded by so many people who love you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment